ItalyA 13-year-old girl in Sicily was gang-raped by “young people who entered the country illegally” while she was walking with her boyfriend. A group of Egyptian teenagers, aged between 15 and 19, forcibly dragged the young girl and her boyfriend to a public toilet and sexually assaulted them. The incident caused a huge reaction in the country. Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini and Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni made statements about the incident.
In Italy, a 13-year-old girl was gang raped in front of her boyfriend by ‘young people who entered the country illegally’.
The 13-year-old girl was sexually assaulted while walking with her 17-year-old boyfriend in the Villa Bellini park in Catania, Sicily, at around 19.30 on January 30.
A group of Egyptian teenagers, aged between 15 and 19, forcibly dragged a 13-year-old girl and her boyfriend into a public toilet.
Some of the young people, said to be 7 people, held the girl’s boyfriend while others sexually abused the young girl.
The young girl said that she begged the harassers not to harass her, but they did not listen. The young girl and her boyfriend, who managed to escape after half an hour of harassment, reported the incident to the police.
The police, who caught the attackers 24 hours later, said that two of the attackers were minors.
Making a statement after the incident, which caused a great reaction in the country, radical right-wing Deputy Prime Minister Matteo Salvini said, “Do not come to me and talk about tolerance or mistake. There should be no mercy shown against such horrific events. There is only one solution, and that is chemical castration.”
Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni, who was in Catania for a previously planned visit, said she was shocked by the rape incident. He promised that justice would be provided.